There are lots of perks of working at Sheetz store or Gas Station. Earlier, we have discussed the features and the quality of service that Sheetz provides to its customers. We had also discussed Mysheetzlife portal designed specifically for Sheetz employees which is about the authority to access Sheetz Employee Benefits. So, if you are an employee of this company, you may be one of the luckiest persons in the world. The Company not only just provide you with a job but also offers you and your family a large number of benefits that too not just for present but also for your future or even after your retirement. Some of the benefits given to the employees are:
- Above-Average Pay: In January 2016, Sheetz announced a $15-million wage increase for its store employees. The Company also makes sure that they are paying their employees a proper living wage that will help his/her family to sustain.
- Full-Time Employment: In 2016, the Company also announced our decision to shift more of our store employees from part-time to full-time work. That was a commendable step taken by the Company for Sheetz Employee Benefits. The step was taken as Sheetz believes that full-time employees are more loyal towards their responsibilities and hence are more engaged in their work which leads to Total Focus on Its Customers Only. By working more hours, employees earn more and gain full benefits, which are given to those who put in 30 or more hours a week. So this move proved out to be a great success for both the employees and customers as well.
Also Check: Mysheetzlife
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days: After a store employee has worked full-time for Sheetz for a year, they earn a one-week paid vacation plus four personal days a year. Offering paid vacation time to the employees is not normal in the industry but in Sheetz, even part-time employees get this paid personal time.
- Employee Bonuses: Sheetz bonus program is unique among retailers. Every Sheetz employee, from the part-time high-school student to the store manager, is eligible to receive a quarterly bonus. Every year, 35–40% of pre-tax profits are paid out in bonuses for all employees.
- Employee Stock Ownership: After working with Sheetz for one year, employees become company shareholders through Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). Each year, Sheetz awards company stock based on years of service and salary level. Employees are 100% vested after three years of service. Having ownership in the company inspires employees to work as owners, and as the company prospers they see the value of their shares growing. ESOP offers financial security to the employees, which is one of the Sheetz Employee Benefits.
- Recognition Abounds: Sheetz organizes an annual Service Awards event, known as SheetzFest, for celebrating milestones: The Company give its employees (with five, 10 and 15 years of service) two-day stay at one of two resorts with a guest; (those with 20 or more years get) three days stay (plus cash awards). Awards such as Operational Excellence Awards are given to the store members, and schedule Prize Patrol events where the executives show up at winning stores to celebrate.
- Upward Mobility Opportunity: Sheetz employees have plenty of room to grow within the organization. The company training allows people in entry-level hourly positions to move up and become Supervisors, Assistant Managers, and Store Managers. In fact, 72% of Sheetz Store Managers started off as salespeople, and 86% of those Managers were promoted from within. Sheetz has more than 500 non-store job titles. And the company encourages continuous learning at all levels of the company, offering tuition reimbursement to those pursuing a college degree, plus scholarships and flexible scheduling.
- Educational Opportunity: To encourage the employees to earn a degree, Sheetz College Tuition Reimbursement program offers $750 per semester ($1,500 per year) to anyone working toward an associate, bachelor’s or master’s degree. Graduate-level course work is fully covered, based on the employee’s position and career plan. Sheetz also partners with 26 colleges and universities to arrange tuition discounts of up to 50% off for the employees. Salem International University gives Sheetz Store Managers 30 credits for completing internal management training—credits they can put toward a bachelor’s degree in Retail Management.
- Free Drinks and Discounts: All its store employees get free coffee, tea, and fountain drinks while they’re on the clock. As of summer 2016, Sheetz has expanded the discount program so it applies to all the employees. Store employees receive half off prepared foods during working hours and now receive 10% off everything in the store, whether they’re on or off the clock. And non-store employees receive the 10% discount at any time.
The above are some of the Sheetz Employee Benefits given to the employees. Besides these, the employees are also given some policy plans for their better future.